Mirror Lake offers the opportunity to learn swimming techniques during the summer months from qualified, American Red Cross swim instructors. If you would like to sign up, you can do so through our online registration system.
Although we have a general schedule, we can also build classes around YOUR availability or that of your children’s. For many parents with more than one child, it is extraordinarily convenient if both children can have their lessons at the same time. If we have three children at the same level and available at the same time, then we can get a class off of the ground. The swim lesson schedule can be found below.
*Please keep in mind that all private & semi-private lessons must be canceled within 24 hours*
**No refunds for missed days of group lessons**
***You may withdraw from a group class up to 7 days prior***
2023 SWIM LESSON SCHEDULE
|Session I:||June 19 to July 7 (3 weeks)|
|Session II:||July 10 to July 28 (3 weeks)|
|Session III:||July 31 to August 18 (3 weeks)|
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
|Level I:||10:00AM to 10:45AM|
|Level II:||10:45AM to 11:30AM|
|Level III||11:45AM to 12:30PM|
|Level IV||12:30PM to 1:15PM|
|Level V||1:30PM to 2:15PM|
Cost: $125 for 9 lessons
Tuesday and Thursday:
|Preschool I:||10 to 10:45AM|
|Preschool II:||10:45to 11:30AM|
Cost: $99 for 6 lessons
|1 person||1/2 hour: $35||45 min: $45||1 hour: $65|
|2 person||1/2 hour: $55||45 min: $65||1 hour: $90|
To schedule private swim lessons, please send an email to email@example.com.
~TO REGISTER FOR A SWIM CLASS, FOLLOW THESE STEPS~
REGISTRATION WILL BECOME AVAILABLE BY APRIL 19th, 2023
Make an account first:
- Go to: https://mltc.clubautomation.com/member-portal/create-account
- Enter your name and email address. The system will send you a link from the Marcus Lewis Tennis Center.
- Create an account in the system. FYI that when you reach the point of entering a credit card, you’ll need to click on “Add Card” first.
To register for a class:
- Login to your account if the system hasn’t already brought you there.
- Click on “Registrations” located on the left-hand side.
- Click on the drop-down menu that says “ All Events” and choose “Swimming Pool” (don’t worry, even though we don’t have a swimming pool, this is something programmed into the software that we can’t change).
- Click on “Search Classes” and you will see the list of swimming classes and two boating options that are available.
- Click on the class you want, scroll down to the bottom and click “Sign Up”.
- Now click on your name of that of your child you want enrolled into the class.
- Click “Add to cart”
- Scroll to the top of the screen and click on your cart (this step is easy to miss). If for some reason your cart does not seem clickable, hover the mouse just above the cart and you should be able to do it then.
- Click “Submit Payment”
- All set!
American Red Cross Swim Level Objectives
Preschool Lessons (3 years to 5 years)
This program provides children opportunity to learn to swim without parental assistance.
Children learn the basic swim skills with extra assistance from our staff. Preschool I participants learn to:
Children continue to reinforce basic skills with little or no assistance. Preschool II participants learn to:
Level I: Introduction to Water Skills
In order to pass Level I student/camper must be able to:
- Enter unassisted, move 5 yards, bob 5 times to chin level and exit water
- Float on front with support for 3 seconds, roll to back and float on back for 3 seconds with assistance.
Level II: Fundamental Aquatic Skills
In order to pass Level II, student/camper must be able to:
- Step into chest deep water, move into a front float for 5 seconds, roll over to back float, stand up, then back float for 5 seconds and stand up.
- Push off and swim combined front stroke 15 feet and do the same for the backstroke.
Level III: Fundamental Aquatic Skills
In order to pass Level III, student/camper must be able to:
- Jump into chest deep water from the dock, swim front crawl for 15 yards with face in the water and rhythmic breathing, maintain position by treading or floating for 30 seconds and swim back crawl for 15 yards.
Level IV: Stroke Improvement
Perform the following:
a. Front and back crawl
d. Elementary backstroke
e. Swim on side using scissors-like kick
In order to pass Level VI the student/camper must be able to:
- Perform a feet first entry in chest deep water, swim front crawl 25 yards, back float 1 minute in deep water and swim elementary backstroke for 15 yards.
- Swim breaststroke for 15 yards, tread water 1 minute and swim back crawl 25 yards.
Level V: Stroke Refinement
In order to pass Level V the student/camper must be able to:
- Perform a shallow dive into deep water, swim front crawl for 50 yards, back float for 2 minutes, swim elementary backstroke for 25 yards.
- Swim breaststroke for 25 yards, tread water for 2 minutes and swim back crawl for 50 yards.